Wednesday 5 February 2014

If I Were… a Film. Week 1

I was set a one week project with the title "if I were a... Film" we had to make a front cover for a DVD without any type.

I really struggled with this as I couldn't come up with an image relative to what I like to draw and what genre it would be.  After pulling my hair out trying to force an idea I gave up for an hour and  took some time out. I find this to be extremely important  as it can be disastrous mentally and you end up burning out scraping for an idea.

I managed to  come up with the silhouette of a woman in the 60's. I like old fashions and styles in all the decades but this was new for me as I usually go for the 40's or 50's. I think a lot of my work can also be quite dark so I wanted more of a thriller/ horror symbol.

I finally came up with this image.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Rachel I know your Mum from FB land. You are very very talented. I am sure someday you will be working on some major project for Pixar, Disney or some such. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete