Tuesday 21 January 2014

Another Guardian project!!


Yet another Guardian project was assigned to me and yet again I always seem to enjoy and do well with editorial work even though it is not my first choice.

I fell in love with this project it was personal but not too personal, I had to write a short column based on the guardians weekly section "What I'm really thinking". I wasn't keen at the start because the examples given to me were on quite depressing subjects from the point of view of a woman who couldn't have children. I went and looked at the more light hearted examples and I was more than inspired and decided to write about the time I spent waitressing in a care home and a friendship I had built up with one of the patients. 

I really did enjoy this and I hope you guys do too as it is a happy part of my life that had a lot of laughs as well as tears but definitely made a difference to the person I am now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment